Nativity of the BVM: Harmony

Nativity of the BVM is located at 640 1st Avenue SW, Harmony, MN, 55939.

Jane Sagan is the secretary for both Nativity of Harmony and Assumption of Canton and can be reached at the Nativity Office at 507-886-2393 or nativity@harmonytel.net  You can also contact the Parish Center Office at St. Mary's at 507-867-3922 or parishcenter@holyfamilyfillmoreco.org in Chatfield, which is the office location for the Pastor and Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry of the Holy Family Cluster.

Brief History

The first Mass was celebrated in the Town Hall in Harmony in 1905, and on the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Church of the Nativity became a corporate reality, and soon thereafter the construction of the  first church was completed.  By 1956,  the growing congregation  constructed the rectory,  which included a walk-out basement to be used as the parish hall.  The current brick church building, located along Hiway 139,  was completed in 1974.  A bell tower which houses the bell from the original church, is lcoated between the church and the highway.  

Leadership:  

Parish Trustees:

Michael McGee (dmmdmcgee@gmail.com) and MaryAnn Johnson (jjkkbl402010@hotmail.com)

Ministries

The women of the parish meet as the Council of Catholic Women, supporting the mission of the diocean and national Councils, by their service to the parish and greater community.

Men of the parish are invited to participate in the ministry and good works of the Knights of Columbus.  Check with the parish office for membership contacts and schedules.

 

Cemetery

Nativity does not have its own cemetery.

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Events:

GOLDEN HAPPENINGS

OF HARMONY

Check the weekly bulletin for the schedule of varied events offeed by this organization for active area senior citizens